Monday, August 29, 2005

mm...rambling... :)


Mm.. how should I start it? I just want to link this post to Gimhan’s post on Megachurches and Christian Pop Cultural. ;p

In my limited vocabulary, I can only describe Gimhan with one word : REAL!

He’s someone that I turn to when I struggle with my Christians faith,
when I have so many unanswered questions,
when I have doubts,
when I’m in need of a listening ear
and the list goes on and on.

No, I don’t go to the church leaders or CF leaders when I have crisis, but to this guy which I call a friend. And I’m glad that he has been there through thick and thin, providing me some insight on what’s happening around the world, on religion, on church, and even on friendship. Even on the controversial that he raised, he’s still very much a man after God’s heart, IMHO. Words can’t express how glad am I to have known him even though at times he could be irritatingly “pervert”. But yes, I thank God for a friend like him.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Gim and me after CF graduation nite :D


Leona wrote on peer-pressures in church in her "Jottings' post ..
Anyway, the point I’m trying to make here is that sometimes we tend to get carried away with what other people do. Even in things like worshiping; lifting of hands, speaking in tongues, crying and jumping. I don’t deny God’s presence during worship and I have full faith that He can touch lives that way. The only question you’ve got to ask yourself is, how much of it is praising God, and how much of it is peer pressure?


I must admit that last time, I used to feel much pressured during worship, especially when my pastor is worship leading. I do not dare to sit in a position where I think she could see. (don’t get me wrong, I enjoy her worship very much, she’s a really good worship leader) I always wonder how would others thinkof me, if I didn’t raise my hands or even jump like they do? After a long time, I somehow blend into the cultural of doing that during worship. I listened and believed what they say. I sometimes do not question much.So, in a way, I’ve grow so much and yet I didn’t really learn much. Thus, when storms come my way, I fall,….so flatly on the ground. *hehe*

2 comments:

m-power said...

pervert...crap...that guy in that pic looks damn perverted man....

eechia said...

yes gim, that perverted man happened to be you ;p