Saturday, October 15, 2005

.on working.


Sunset over Java Island from aircraft


Today is Saturday, and I’m in my lab (the place I work :p). Well, I’m starting to enjoy my working environment. This place I work at is really not so bad at all. Let’s see..

I get to come in late.
I get to avoid the bustling city traffic as I work in a real secluded area called the cyber-jungle-jaya.
There’s a bank in my workplace, which is very convenient to me, I could cash in/out money anytime I like.
There’s a bank of books called the Siti Hasmah Digital Library with all the reference books if I ever need any.
The food here are cheaper compared to the city.
I get to go for lunch anytime I like :p
I can come to the lab anytime I want; midnight, early morning, weekends, or holidays
I get a FREE copy of The Star every morning :p
I have many; I mean MANY annual leaves ;))
I get to watch TV or series when I'm bored :p

I get to attend the CF and the bible study.
I get to stay with my friends.
I’m enjoying life.
.

Every time when people asked me, “so what do you do?” I’ll tell them I’m a contract system analyst (SA). Then they’ll ask, “oh, so what language do you use?

That is the part I hate to answer.

I’m here to continue developing on the previous SA’s work. So, I didn’t involve in the system design and architecture. I just practically “chap sau mei” (continuing others left over work). Initially this project is supposed to end in December, I came in Mid-June. So, I would only have six months to do what that’s left over. But now, they have extended the project for another 3 months. Come this April, I’ll be jobless.

The system I’m dealing with now involves PHP, VB.net, Visual C++ with MFC and Java!!! Don’t ask me why, ask the previous SA.

Urgh..

When I first knew about it, I was wondering how on earth I am going to integrate a program visual C++ with another program in Java! Somehow, I managed.

I’m a Java fan, I prefer to program in Java, and I really hated it when I need to learn vb.net and visual C++ as well. But thankfully, I have an online sifu who has been there to help over emails and IM. *thor jie thor jie* (thank you).

I do not have anyone to guide me on the program development here. My project manager doesn’t do coding while my supervisor doesn’t really care, most of the time I talk to him on the IM. So, I’m very much on my own, working at my own pace, exploring things myself, working independently.

I’m now studying on Java design pattern..~soon. :x

*today super suey(bad luck), I accidentally hit my right hand on the sink in the morning (my poor finger) and I burnt my left hand’s index finger while I was making milo. Arrrghhhh!

10 comments:

mpfun said...

>> There’s a bank in my workplace

Makes it really easy for me to rob you. :P

>> Come this April, I’ll be jobless

I am sure they'll find something new for you to work on. If not, I'm sure someone will find something for you to work on.


>> The system I’m dealing with now involves PHP, VB.net, Visual C++ with MFC and Java!!!

Looks really good for your resume.

>> I’m now studying on Java design pattern..~soon. :x

You are a system analyst after all. :P

>> Arrrghhhh!

Get well soon.

eechia said...

>>I am sure they'll find something new for you to work on. If not, I'm sure someone will find something for you to work on.

you planning to hire me? *grin*

>>Looks really good for your resume.
but i'm not an expert in either one. just know a bit bit only. will it really make a different?

>>Get well soon
thank u

:p

tash said...

hey pretty good wat yr job, especially d "annual leave" kekekekeke

btw, i hardly un all d comp terms u r using, anyway, know u r enjoying it then good la, n also, stop playing wit d camera..na na na na na no one wil believe tat u r working rather than playing kekekek

eechia said...

kekeke.. yea kaisim.. it's not bad lor actually..but it's contract based, no bonus or watsoever.

geeez..sorry for making you blurr.. :p

eechia said...

btw, i'm REALLY working wif the camera oneee~

mpfun said...

>>you planning to hire me? *grin*
We will see when the time comes... :P don't think too much now..

>>but i'm not an expert in either one. just know a bit bit only. will it really make a different?
Yes, it will make a big difference... you took the effort to learn, and you know at the very least a little bit about each language.. that little bit can be very important when you're a high level architect... i believe it's a good stepping stone..

>>thank u
welcome... :P

>>btw, i'm REALLY working wif the camera oneee~
hahahahaha... :P i believe you.... tash, I'm be her alibi... she really is working wif the camera.. :))

Jase Lee said...

Cool, my Java knowledge has been decimated after new codes such as PHP & ASP began 5-6 years ago...

eechia said...

heheh, thanks mp

see, kaisim.. told ya i was working..

jase.. so you're very good at php and asp huh? :p

Jase Lee said...

ASP better than PHP... coz u know lar, in my work place, everyone is a pro Microsoft user... so forced to develope online application under ASP... *sigh*

Galaxie said...

Hope someone out there doesn't read this. :P Enjoy ur leave! Enjoy ur holiday...LOL...