Thursday, August 12, 2004

didn't realise i was so strong, until..

i thought i couldn't make it to the top. My heartbeats was racing faster and faster. I keep looking up, not having the courage to look below.



"move your legs. move up" he said.



I was static for a moment. Hanging halfway on the 2-storey high wall. I wanted to give up. I shouted at the guy asking him to let me down. I didn't want to continue. I was petrified. Scared. Stoned.



But no. He kept pulling the rope despite of my cried. There was I, having no control of my movement except for following the direction of the rope that was hung around my waist. I have to go on, no matter how i feel.



Step by step, slowly, i finally made it to the top. My hands were holding on the wall tightly, didn't want to let go. Didn't dare to look below.



"Let GO of your hands! Or else you can't get down" the man shouted at me.



Following his instructions, i grabbed the rope, releasing my hand from the wall, with my eyes closed. A few moments later, i was down on ground again.



I didn't realise that i was so strong. Not until i was pushed and stretched. I was practically holding the weight of my body with both my hands. *poor hands* . Never had i use so much energy in my life before. My hands were very very weak when i came down. It was numb and painful, I can feel that my muscles were strecthed.



I guess the same thing applies to our life, not until the point where we were stretched and forced, will we go beyond our ability to reach the finishing point.



That's my first experience of rock-climbing today. This is one of the activities offered by Nescafe Roadshow that came to MMU today (and yesterday too). Besides rock-climbing, they have events like Sumo-suit wrestle and assemblying a skeleton. hehe.. i wanted to tried the Sumo-suit wrestle,(click Here , it's mich~ahahah)but i think the suit is way too big for me :p. But that was the funniest one. My favorite.











4 comments:

nottiheadz said...

haha maybe something wrong with the explorer here. i wanted to open mich's picture that u've uploaded bout the sumo thingie...but can't access wor. is it my problem or urs? anyway do michelle has a blog as well? let me know yah. u have nescafe roadshow there...i have pahlawan day over here...and the TUDM ppl are here everyday until 6pm till sunday. it's fun...can see all the stuff they use...didn't know malaysia's army also quite high-tech :)

eechia said...

ahahhaha..pahlawan day ar? sounds fun to me too.
oh,i have her link in my blog mar. u didn't see it ar?
anyway, her blog is http://mhyshael.blogspot.com/
:p

eechia said...

ehh, my pic nice or not?? *blush* it's quite current one. i think maybe one month ago ;p

.:mysh:. said...

heyy. dats not me larr. it's juz a picture i found on google images. i havnt gotten my own picture yet - will try and get it from tiong ;P. ahha. and hari pahlawan, von? ahhaha. funny. bet it's kewl somewhat. come visit me blog larr. :P how're you ? hope you're doing great. >:D<