Saturday, November 27, 2004

.: say something :.

mariah's new singles is out, and it's called "Say Something" feat. Snoop Dogg, more of like R&B genre..



urmm... how i miss those ballad songs back in "Day dream" era. This is not that kind of song which i would go "whoaa...ahhh" at the first time i listened to it. din show much of her vocals. *sigh* anyway, i still hope that this song will be a hitz when it's officially out in february 2005. :)



her upcoming album is named "The Emancipation of Mimi"...



"Mimi is a very personal nickname only used by those closest to me... just one of those little things that I've kept for myself in an attempt to have some delineation between a public persona and a private life," Carey writes. "By naming the album The Emancipation of Mimi, I am letting my guard down and inviting my fans to be that much closer to me.

"Most importantly," she continues, "I am celebrating the fact that I've grown into a person and artist who no longer feels imprisoned by my insecurities or compelled to try and live up to someone else's vision of 'Mariah Carey.' I now feel I can honestly say, 'This is me, the real me, take it or leave it.' For the first time in my life, I feel free and unashamed to be who I really am. And that's what the music of this album and its title reflect."



Emancipation

n : freeing someone from the control of another; especially a parent's relinquishing authority and control over a minor child



ok, i do not understand the meaning of emancipation before this. i was like.. "huh? wat's tat?" :D

just hope that this latest album will be something surprising and good :D

No comments: