Tuesday, June 22, 2004

dad called me today.

just as i was starting to concentrate on my work. my dad called. i smsed him on

Father's Day, and i guess that's the reason he called. i haven't been keeping in

touch with him for years. the last time i met him was when i went back to taiping for

vacation. the sorta meeting ended in less than 30mins. well, i went to his house,

and said "Hello, dad. How are you?" He asked me a few questions about my life and

my brothers. That's it. Then i left. Didn't even stay for lunch or dinner. I always wonder

if i still haven't forgiven him for what had happened? But it doesn't matter anymore,

the past doesn't matter to me anymore. it's time to let it go.



what matters now is "the reconcilation". i always tot that i'm tough and macho, i can

live without my dad. well, i did. i had lived without him for 8 years or more. i thought

he doesn't matter to my life anymore. But i guess i was wrong until today, when he

actually called me to thank me for the sms, i was choked with tears. haha..



he said asked me how's my life, how's my brothers, and said probably we should keep

in touch and stuff like that.



why did i call him? i was supposed to call him long ago, even on the first MOB camp,

second MOB camp and also IF camp. the speaker sorta said something regarding dad

and unforgiveness, and i felt it the moment i heard it. though sometimes, i still struggle,

thinking if the message is really for me, cos for me, i had already forgiven him, the

only diffence in i didn't keep in touch with him. Until last sunday in church, when vinod

was praying for the dad's in our church, i decided to call him or sms him.



Thank You God, for this oppurtunity of reconcilation with my dad. Thank You God for

refreshing my heart. :)

4 comments:

alvink said...

Hmmm... Bagus bagus...:)

eechia said...

haha.. alvin, why u so free one?? kerja la!! ;p

Anonymous said...

after reading ur blog...
i feel so touch...
im wondering whether i have forgiven my dad o not...
anyway, just pray that God will tk away ur pain and give u a gracious heart 2 forgive ur dad...
without ur dad, u wont b able 2 b the u u r now...
God has his purpose in everything He let u go through...
\(^.^)/

alvink said...

You also very free what...:P... two entrees in oen day... hahhahaha... :)... Working working keep on workin....